Mastercraft mower with Tecumseh engine - looking for the right key

johnny7

Member
I have a Mastercraft Model: 113-413E515 mower that I am trying to figure out what key I need. It’s a Tecumseh engine but I can’t find any model number on it which is strange.

I bought a kit of keys but the one that would fit in the slot appears to be too small or not the same as the original.

The original (what’s left of it is in the picture on the left). The wrong replacement is on the right.
 

Attachments

  • 20230807_143445_50.jpg
    20230807_143445_50.jpg
    473.8 KB · Views: 8
  • 20230807_143228_50.jpg
    20230807_143228_50.jpg
    568.8 KB · Views: 8
Good morning, I know have package but it contains two keys. Pics attached. The only piece that I see that was still in the slot on the mower was the bottom key in the package below. Is there a particular way to put it in? Are both pieces used and if so, how?
 

Attachments

  • 20230812_074219.jpg
    20230812_074219.jpg
    582.5 KB · Views: 1
  • 20230812_074753.jpg
    20230812_074753.jpg
    227.1 KB · Views: 1
Use the bottom key in the picture only. Remove the flywheel and will see that the top of that key will fit into the slot on the flywheel and the bottom will sit in the crankshaft. Only fits one way and make sure you torque the flywheel nut when you reassemble.
 
Back
Top