Manual Wanted

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I suspect Brigg's days are numbered. With the lack of parts supply, and in most cases can't even supply complete replacement engines, the dealers are going to look at other avenues for engines, and OEM mower companies will be looking at other brands of engines for their equipment. I would say that less that 15% of my repairs this summer have been engine related. When I did my stock up order with PD this fall my only Briggs parts on the order was 2 cases of 5w30 synthetic oil and a roll of fuel line.
I stopped fitting B & S engines 2 years ago when it took 18 months to get a cam shaft
When the remainder of the two pallets are gone then that will be it .
So customers wanting new engines get to chose between Kawakasi or Loncin
If they want anything else then they can go some where else
he occasional one does, but they come back when they get quoted the full retail price of a higher priced engine because the shop claims they can not get the exact replacement and then a $ 600 fitting fee on top .
My wholesaler seemed to have done a deal with B & S Aust as they are dropping most of the aftermarket B & S parts in favour of genuine ones , so I fit Stens ones now or buy them direct from the factory in China ( well they say they are the factory ) via "Made in China"