Manual for old craftsman?

Bensawsome

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello,
I was just given an old Craftsman Eager 1 model number 131.908020 lawnmower by someone and I want to get it going but I would like the manual so I can make sure I'm doing some of this stuff right. I tried googling the model number but was unable to find a manual or even maintenance info or a video about it. Anyone know where I can get a manual or any resources about getting it going again? The main things I need is the fuel type, oil type, and the spark plug type and gap. I put a photo of the mower below in case that helps at all.
Thank you.
EDIT: I just saw the link to repair manuals on sears parts direct and while it found the model number there was no owners manual unfortunately.

PXL_20210325_212230362 (1).jpg

Last edited:

Bellcrank

Threads
Greetings. Not sure on the mower manual. Looks like a Tecumseh engine. Think'n tecumseh model number should be located on engine shroud above spark plug. First 3 digits 143. xxxxxxx. Plug RJ19LM, .030 gap. 30w oil in the summer. Make sure cool'n fins are mouse nest free. Not sure on the air filter.

Last edited:

Telesis

Threads
You can locate the treasure-trove of Tecumseh manuals here:

May I suggest you specifically look at 1) Basic Service and Troubleshooting information, 2) 3-11 hp L-head manual(this is the Technician's Handbook), and if you 'veg' out on carburetor stuff, then 3) Carburetor Identification, Troubleshooting and Service Manual

#1 above should suffice for what you need. Hope this helps!

Good luck!