Manual and Parts list for Honda GCV160

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Don't know you Bert but the camera around here tends to a complete breakdown everytime they see me. Even mirrors want to turn their backs to me. :sneaky:

Every now & then google myself and according to Google I do not exist, which is just the way I like it.
I usually take the photos on outings & bike rides so naturally I am not in any of them.
My high school year books have the words "absent from photo" every time my name was mentioned under a photo.
For 4 years I was offically dead as my dentist had identified a corpse as being me from dental records.
Made for intersting conversation when I tried to renew my drivers license , could have been a Monty Python sketch
"Excuse me sir but you are deceased"
Of course the screen names exist but to date nothing to link any of them to me and that is the way I intend to keep it .

DavidHM

Forum Newbie
Threads
Service manual must purchase from Honda. Honda operates an eBay site and an Amazon store front where you can purchase this SM. It will be a paper manual. Parts IPL depends on the type number of your engine and serial number.
Thank you. I appreciate it.
David

DavidHM

Forum Newbie
Threads
Here's a start for you.

Here's a shop manual for the GCV160.

Google is your friend. Do a search when you get a free moment.

slomo

David

DavidHM

Forum Newbie
Threads
David, the price of a new carburetor is very affordable, but if you truly want to try to clean it, see attached. Not sure if you are having any issues with your mower, but if you remove the carburetor, be sure to replace all the gaskets from the cylinder to the air cleaner. It literally takes three hands to keep everything in position to reassemble, but if you find a couple studs about 3-1/2" long, that would aid you greatly. Note: If the carburetor is not leaking, flooding or stalling out on you, don't mess with it. If you want to 'tune-up' the engine, change the oil, plug and air filter. If it takes a couple pulls to start, buy a new valve cover and adjust the valves correctly.

David