Major Snowblower Vibrations

Mean Machine

Threads
My snowblower just started doing this major vibration thing! I know what can cause vibration in a mower---do you look for the same kinds of things when troubeshooting??

noma

Threads
Mean machine Hi

I'm going to say it vibrates when you are blowing snow, then there might be a broken belt . Or a bearing going out i would say your belt has some missing pieces.:licking:

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
My snowblower just started doing this major vibration thing! I know what can cause vibration in a mower---do you look for the same kinds of things when troubeshooting??

May sound dumb but is there something caught in the augers? Please be more specific, is the vibration constant, or does it lessen or worsen when you engage the auger? It could be the engine, the drive, the augers, etc. Pretty hard to locate the cause if you are not specific.

I just fixed a gas leak in my ATV. Now, if I told you guys it was leaking gas, it could be from the carb, the fuel line, the fuel tank, an spare gas tank strapped to the rack, a gas can in a rear carrier, etc. If I just said it's a gas leak, how helpful is that?

I am not being critical but it would greatly assist us in helping you if you would be more detailed. What is your machine? Single or dual stage? Does it vibrate only when cold, at idle, at high speed, all the time, etc. Does it vibrate when you engage the augers, drive control, if only when running dual stage, etc.

Thanks.:confused2:

indypower

Threads
Like JD said, need to know when it vibrates. Just while sitting there, only when the wheels are engaged, only when the auger is engaged?

jhwentworth

Threads

Sure do! First thing I'd check for would be a damaged blade.

Other posters have said they need more information to diagnose your problem, and they're right.
What's the make and model?
When does it vibrate?

If it's a two-stage blower that vibrates all the time the engines running check the tightness of the engine mounting bolts. If the vibration only occurs when the auger is spinning of drive wheels are engaged there are additional sources for the problem. Back to the engine mounting bolts; check the chassis for cracks, especially near the mounting bolts. Large motors on thin frames will definitely destroy the frame. Does the motor move when you engage the auger drive?