Mad Mackie finally cleaned up his Tiger Cub today, check out the pics!!!

Mad Mackie

Lawn Addict
Threads
  • / Mad Mackie finally cleaned up his Tiger Cub today, check out the pics!!!
The blades in the pics are direct aftermarket replacements for the stock Scag blades. I just scrapped this set which I had re-sharpened last spring. I think that they are the extra high lift type and used on the Velocity Plus decks. I have experimented with Oregon blades that are used on the older Scag Advantage decks and I have found them to last longer and re-sharpen more times. My deck is a 48" and the Oregon blade that I'm now using is a 91-620 Oregon part number. They don't have as much lift as the Velocity Plus blades, but I've seen no difference in the performance, but I do use the collection system most of the time.
Today I installed new Oregon blades, inspected the machine, checked the gap on the clutch which is within limits, replaced the fan and bearings in the collection blower, replaced the blower V belt, syphoned the fuel from both tanks, ran the engine out of gas and removed the battery. This past season was an exceptionally dry one and I only put 95 hours on it. This past spring I started with a new Briggs 30 HP Commercial Turf Series engine which now has 95 hours on it. I'm very pleased with the performance of this new Briggs engine and the Cyclonic Air Filtration System. The original 26 HP Briggs ELS engine suffered from lean running due to air leakage between the carb and the plastic intake manifold, the new Briggs engine has a cast aluminum intake manifold and the Cyclonic Air Filtration System, both of which will contribute to longer engine life, at least I hope so!!!
Not looking forward to snow, but I'm ready for it with my Ingersoll 4018 GT!!!
Mad Mackie in CT:laughing::biggrin::smile: