M-ZT 52 Deck depth and other questions.

dshoffman77

Threads
What is the deck depth on these models? From what I've learned DEEPER is better and what is the word on high lift blades on Husky's?

I think I've seen some posts complaining about the lack of them or the lack of alternatives.

The other question, I've heard and read issues with starting due to no manual choke.

Thanks,

Last edited:

Dave1954

Threads
Just got my 2014 mzt 52 and it says 1.5" up to 4.5", haven't researched replacement blades, originals working great so far, mine has the Kawasaki 22 hp FS motor and it has a manual choke, starts right up no problem.

dshoffman77

Threads
Just got my 2014 mzt 52 and it says 1.5" up to 4.5", haven't researched replacement blades, originals working great so far, mine has the Kawasaki 22 hp FS motor and it has a manual choke, starts right up no problem.

That is the cutting height, right? But how DEEP is the deck? From what I"ve been reading the DEEP the deck 5" seems to be the best choice, the more room there is for air flow.

Thanks Dave1954 on the clarification on the choke. My friend has the B&S engine. I'm wondering if that is why his is electronic choke.

Shughes717

Lawn Addict
Threads
That is the cutting height, right? But how DEEP is the deck? From what I"ve been reading the DEEP the deck 5" seems to be the best choice, the more room there is for air flow.

Thanks Dave1954 on the clarification on the choke. My friend has the B&S engine. I'm wondering if that is why his is electronic choke.

It sounds as though your friend has an Efm engine on his mower, which wouldn't need a choke. I haven't measured the deck depth of the mzt mowers I have been around, but I can say that the decks are heavy duty commercial with a blade tip speed around 19000 feet per minute. The deck leaves a very good cut.