M-Series questions

lewb

Threads
I bought a M- series for 40.00 that does not have spark. I installed a new cdi spare that I have and still no spark. Its more than likely that I have a bad sensor, I believe there are 3 of them. I need to know if they are normally closed or normally open to do a continuity test. Also this M series does not have the blade clutch. I think its either the oil level sensor or bag sensor(I believe it has bag senor). Engine has good compression and I noticed that the pistons are 2 ring. Thanks

lewb

Threads
Normally open like I expected, looks like the brake connection is my issue.

lewb

Threads
got it running, looks like the cdi was bad, also both senors are not working as I had to unplug the both of them So I was wrong in my initial assessment that the sensors are normally open, they are normally closed.

Last edited:

lewb

Threads
Did a small section or lawn, much different feel from the stagger wheel deck, very quite mower, I bought it as a back up and the option to bag. I like the mikuni carb, guy who had it took good care of it as there was no varnish in bowl ect. I think all mower needs is rear wheel replacements. Injection pump works do see this as an issue in the future. Other than the low oil and full bag sensor I like this mower.