Engine LX 255 Dies and won't start.

timo

Forum Newbie
Hello everyone, I am new here and looking for some help. First post. I have a 1999 John Deere LX 255 riding lawnmower. Kohler engine, 15hp I believe. After using it for about half an hour it just dies and won't start. Then if you let it sit all night or for a few hours it will start right back up. It has started doing this in the past few weeks. To me it seems like some type of ignition problem but I am no expert on these. Any ideas? Thank you.
 
Check for spark when this happens either with a spark tester(preferred) or known good spark plug.
 
Also check the gas cap, remove it the next time it happens and carefully listen to hear for a rush of air entering the tank. If you hear it the vent on the cap is plugged.
 
Thanks for the information guys. I was busy for a few days, I will check both of these and let you know, again thanks.
 
Back
Top