LT3000 burning through coils

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Or you could try installing a 1N5408-G diode with the anode connected to the coil's kill terminal and the cathode connected to the kill wire. This would block any positive voltage coming from the kill wire.
Now now now Star , that requires people to have listened to their science teacher when they were 12 to 14 and actually remembered some of it .
Judging from what gets posted here this is a feat that very few Americans seemed to have a managed to do .

Baby Billy

Threads
I understand that I'm a dummy, but I'm trying. Just a guy in a wheelchair trying to cut his grass.

I'm also a former operator, which means I did in fact go around cutting and splicing safety switches. Could this have caused my current issue?

Would it be worth it to buy a new wiring harness?

Thanks guys,

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Would it be worth it to buy a new wiring harness?

Thanks guys,
Personally I would suggest carrying the mower to someone with the knowledge to troubleshoot the electrical problem.

Not trying boss someone just speaking from experience where I have seen folks to spend a lot of money trying fix when a simple wire was the root cause.

Matter of fact I just got in a mower with an electrical problem that a DIYer introduced by not grounding an after fire fuel solenoid just he refused to buy and use the correct screw. I just rewired correctly and while I was at it fixed the leaking rocker cover. Now I can't guarantee the fuel solenoid as I didn't sell and install it.

Baby Billy

Threads
Alright guys,

I got the mower to a retired tech who had it for a little over a week. Turns out whoever had the mower before me put a new engine on it, and that new engine had a shroud that came from a different motor.

I had been ordering coils for the model number that's printed on the plastic and not stamped on the block.

Thanks again!