LT155 Height Adjustment Knob, Cam R&R

Busted Knuckles

Forum Newbie
Hello Gentlemen,

New member here, and this is my first post. I've spent 2 days searching the I-Net and U-Tube to no avail. Maybe someone here can help. I hope I am using the correct terminology.

The Height (or Depth) adjustment knob on my old LT155 is getting kind of sloppy. It still raises and lowers the deck as I rotate it from full CCW to full CW and back. The problem is the detents on the Cam are not crisp and sharp, as they used to be. When the adjustment knob is set at any given deck (cutting) height, the knob still has play, maybe 10 or 15 +/- degrees. I don't know if the problem is the bottom of the plastic knob has just worn out, the cam is worn, or the detent spring needs replaced.

Once I pull out the deck, are these parts that I can easily access, or does this become major surgery? Just seeing the mechanism operate will probably answer my questions, but I like to be 'armed' with a little knowledge before I go hunting.

Appreciate any Advice,
B-K
 
Fairly easy to access but you probably need a helper depending on how flexible you are as the pin is held on by a snap ring on the operator side and it would fall out underneath the frame. With a lot play the frame holes may be worn out. Never seen one worn out to know for sure which part is worn. My customers don't change the height once set.

The knob just pulls off if not stuck.
 
Fairly easy to access but you probably need a helper depending on how flexible you are as the pin is held on by a snap ring on the operator side and it would fall out underneath the frame. With a lot play the frame holes may be worn out. Never seen one worn out to know for sure which part is worn. My customers don't change the height once set.

The knob just pulls off if not stuck.
Hi ST,

I did see the snapring in the parts catalog, so one is on order. I figured I would either break the old one, or during removal, it would launch into outer space, never to be seen again!

MM
 
Back
Top