LT1045

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Well is this a reinstall of the old belt or a new belt? If new belt did you get correct one as there is three different belts depending on the deck spindle pulleys and serial number.

The spindle pulleys that are 6.3" uses the A x 118.25 belt. If you have 5.75 spindle pulleys, it depends on the serial number if you are needing the A x 122 (SN 1A275H and before) or the A x 122.5 belt (after 1A275H).

And you must disconnect the idler spring in order to get the belt on and then reconnect the spring afterwards.

Last edited:

MDCliff

Forum Newbie
Threads
So sorry for the delay in responding......

I finally did get the belt back on by moving both tensioners to relieve pressure (that was a handful)

It is the old belt. I have the 5 3/4"dia. pulleys (new spindles on the deck). I'm a little confused by the S/N though.

My S/N falls between the 2 numbers you referenced. 1A267H20505.

I got the mower second handed, so I don't know a great deal of it's history. It's indicating 180+ hours on the meter (the meter is working)

Also has a little growling sound in reverse.

MDCliff

Forum Newbie
Threads
It's worth noting here that the belt is very tight now that it's mounted.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
So sorry for the delay in responding......

I finally did get the belt back on by moving both tensioners to relieve pressure (that was a handful)

It is the old belt. I have the 5 3/4"dia. pulleys (new spindles on the deck). I'm a little confused by the S/N though.

My S/N falls between the 2 numbers you referenced. 1A267H20505.

I got the mower second handed, so I don't know a great deal of it's history. It's indicating 180+ hours on the meter (the meter is working)

Also has a little growling sound in reverse.
Sorry I had left out a digit so yours is the early version.

Last edited: