lt1000 deck won't disengage

frogger1

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a twenty year old craftsman lt1000 mower tractor which won't disengage the blades. It worked well until I caught a spring in the blades and burned the belt up. A new belt lasted a short week and disintegrated. It had been about 931/2 inches long. Don't know if it worked well or not. I think it didn't disengage. A replacement was next (craftsman #144959) supposed to be 1/2 x 95 inches, later proved to be only 94 inches long. It didn't disengage. Finally located a belt from another supplier which measured 95 3/8 inches long. All the parts on the deck were replaced (springs, brake arms, slide plate, blade engagement cable assembly) , still won't disengage. Dynamite has only reluctantly been ruled out.
The Briggs opposed twin engine has been replaced, but the original pulley retained. All the mounting brackets and attachment points are exactly in their original positions. Neither I nor the many shade tree experts in the vicinity can suggest the next move. Any ideas, anyone?

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
You are need to give us the model number and put up some pics, for anyone here to be of much help.

frogger1

Forum Newbie
Threads
The decal under the seat which once showed the model and serial numbers is now blank. All I have is lt1000.