Repairs LT1000 917272059: Linkage not installing correctly after new transaxle install

jay50

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / LT1000 917272059: Linkage not installing correctly after new transaxle install
Newbie here, glad I found this mower forum before I pull the last strand of hair out of my balding head over this problem...:laughing:

Lt1000, Kohler 16hp, 6 speed manual peerless 206-545c transaxle.

I'm putting this mower back in service after being in storage 3 years due to transaxle bucking/popping issue.

I got a sweet deal on a new transaxle (same peerless #) and just recently installed it.
What has me stumped is the translink (166231) installation at the shift assembly arm and at the Arm shift bracket on the transaxle. When I install the translink, it hits underneath the drive belt in the reverse position.

Unforunately, I didn't take any pictures of the trans link installation prior to removing, so I'm relying on the parts diagram picture in the Searspartsdirect diagram.

Has anyone got a picture of how the installation is supposed to look when properly installed?

I'm in the process of adjusting the braket on the right side, below the shift lever in the hopes I get this right.

Thanks for any help,

Jay

BTW, the engine started right up and runs perfectly.