LT 160 drove fine last week....

DeGuyz

Forum Newbie
I sprayed it down with the water hose after mowing last week and parked it. Today it wont drive either way. The belt is not broken and the lever in the back is pushed all the way in. I lightly tapped on it with a 2x4 and a hammer in case it was stuck. Is there an adjustment or any components I can focus on? I'm checking on moving pieces that may be causing this. Thanks. Jimmy
 
Last edited:
I sprayed it down with the water hose after mowing last week and parked it. Today it wont drive either way. The belt is not broken and the lever in the back is pushed all the way in. I lightly tapped on it with a 2x4 and a hammer in case it was stuck. Is the an adjustment or any components I can focus on? I'm checking on moving pieces that may be causing this. Thanks. Jimmy

Is the drive belt fully engaged and turning? Brake off?
Assume that you have hundreds of hours of operator time on it.

Year of the machine and operating hours?
Sorry for the very fundamental questions.
 
Is the drive belt fully engaged and turning? Brake off?
Assume that you have hundreds of hours of operator time on it.

Year of the machine and operating hours?
Sorry for the very fundamental questions.

It's around a 2005 with 293 hours on the meter. The belt appears to not be engaging. It is loose around the rear pulley just laying there by looking at a picture I took.
 
First thing is stop using the water hose on the mower.

Check the idler pulley. Maybe the spring came off.
Or it could just be to wet.
 
First thing is stop using the water hose on the mower.

Check the idler pulley. Maybe the spring came off.
Or it could just be to wet.

Thanks for the tip about the water. It was the last thing I did before putting it under the carport.
 
Thanks for the tip about the water. It was the last thing I did before putting it under the carport.


Thanks again for all of the help. It's fixed. The belt had slipped off of one of the pulley's which explained why it looked so loose under there.
 
Back
Top