LT 1045

STACKER

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi everyone,

I have a 2007 lt 1045 with a 20 hp Kohler engine. I have a new battery in it as well as a new starter. When I tried to start it you can see the starter jump up to the fly wheel and try to turn it but it wouldn't turn. I kept bumping the starter several times and it finally turned the engine over. I have tried it many more times since then and it starts every time. I still believe something is not right, it seems like at times it has to much compression and cant turn over. All along I thought it was the battery going bad but now i believe it was not the battery.

Any input as to what one may think the problem is would be much appreciated.

Thanks for your time.

STACKER

Forum Newbie
Threads
Just tried it again and would not turn over, kept trying to bump it and it would not turn over, took the spark plug out and it turned right over. Does this means my valves are sticking?

Thanks

fireman9513

Threads
I have a 1050 with the Koehler 23 horse courage and it did the same thing, took starter apart and two brushes were broken.
I cleaned all the broke pieces out and put it back together and it started right up every time.
Like you I thought it was a valve problem but it wasn't.
I found a new aftermarket starter on e bay for 90 dollars and purchased it and now it starts with a Zip!