Low-gade Metal in Blades -- all blades, any brand?

Martinmarty

Forum Newbie
Threads
I got some Stens blades for my Mom's 1977 Economy Tractor and they felt strong like the old ones. Can't find anything good for Craftsman push mower, though, same problem as you. Hit one rock and they are bent. Junk blades.

MParr

Lawn Addict
Threads
Boy I've had nothing but good luck with and am very impressed with the Oregon G5 blades. They are MUCH heavier, bigger, thicker, and hold up well.
They may be “heavier, bigger, thicker” on some applications but, that’s not the case for @Alex Ethridge Husqvarna mower and many other residential mowers. They are only 0.150” thick.
Entry level residential mowers are just not built to handle the thicker blades. It’s just the way it is.

SamB

Threads
Thanks for asking.
Not now. I've got two soft-metal blades for my Husqvarna 30-inch zero-turn, one new one I put on today and a spare and two spares for my Bolens 21-inch walk-behind. I hope it will be a long while before I need another.

But when I do, I'll be looking for much better steel.
5 point star? Next time you need blades,try to find Oregon Durable blades. I had issues with bending the OEM Husqvarna blades on my CZ42175. No more issues with the Oregon Durable brand blades.