love my fs45

reddragon

Lawn Addict
Threads
its a little fussy starting when the gas gets stale...but it a good yard performer:smile:

Attachments

• IMG_0605[2].jpg
    IMG_0605[2].jpg
    169.1 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_0564[1].jpg
    IMG_0564[1].jpg
    137.9 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_0563[1].jpg
    IMG_0563[1].jpg
    141.4 KB · Views: 32

CurtisG

Forum Newbie
Threads
:thumbsup:Bought my Stihl FS45 in April 2008 and it still starts and runs like new!! I trim around the house, ditches and about 1200 ft of fencing. Best trimmer I've ever owned, and I've owned around 6 different brands.

Curt

Steve0853

Threads
I can tell you....the FS 95 ain't no slouch, either. :biggrin:

noma

Threads
Hay Reddagon

You can put some sea foam or stable in your fuel and that help a lot for stale fuel, you may already know this .Just a idea:smile:

jakesmurray

Threads
These FS45s really are great. Mine has never given me trouble.

glassbutcher

Forum Newbie
Threads
:thumbsup:Bought my Stihl FS45 in April 2008 and it still starts and runs like new!! I trim around the house, ditches and about 1200 ft of fencing. Best trimmer I've ever owned, and I've owned around 6 different brands.

Curt

Well I bought my FS45 April 2012 and the gas cap started leaking and all the gas lines turned to chewing gum. Didn't let fuel set in it and it gets the same fuel I use in my other 3 Stihl products. chain saw blower trimmer I also have several other 2 cycle motors.

Was going to have the authorized Stihl repair shop fix it (where I bought it) under warranty but 8 weeks wait time.So I ask for the parts under warranty to fix it myself. That will be $27.52. WHAT its under warranty. I have to pay for the parts under warranty? Yes unless we fix it. No thanks on the 8 weeks of no trimmer! So much for a warranty much less getting 2 extra years for buying a 6-pack of oil. Makes me rethink my future purchases! :mad::thumbdown:

glassbutcher

Forum Newbie
Threads
Well I bought my FS45 April 2012 and the gas cap started leaking and all the gas lines turned to chewing gum. Didn't let fuel set in it and it gets the same fuel I use in my other 3 Stihl products. chain saw blower trimmer I also have several other 2 cycle motors.

Was going to have the authorized Stihl repair shop fix it (where I bought it) under warranty but 8 weeks wait time.So I ask for the parts under warranty to fix it myself. That will be $27.52. WHAT its under warranty. I have to pay for the parts under warranty? Yes unless we fix it. No thanks on the 8 weeks of no trimmer! So much for a warranty much less getting 2 extra years for buying a 6-pack of oil. Makes me rethink my future purchases! :mad::thumbdown:

I put the new cap on along with the new gas line,super simple. Replaced several carbs & gas lines on other brands and Stihl has done the gas lines a lot better than anything that I have worked on. It took me all of 10 min. and this is the first time tearing into a Stihl. Started on second pull! I'm still in awe at the 8 week wait for a 10 min. fix.

My gas leak was not all E-10 related. (Still don't like E-10) Found out that the grommet where the gas lines goes in the tank split. And the new cap don't leak. Was there a recall on the caps?

Attachments

• IMG_0597 (Medium).jpg
    IMG_0597 (Medium).jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_0599 (Medium).jpg
    IMG_0599 (Medium).jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 4

thse

Threads
Warranty only pays if an authorized service center preforms the repairs, Thats how all warranty is done in this industry.