Loud buzzing noise, what went wrong?

wilbil

Forum Newbie
Threads
What is wrong? I was using my JD Z345R all morning hauling wood around with an attached trailer. Started and stopped many times. Then when I was putting it away in my shed and turned it off I hear this very loud and I mean loud buzzing. I had to disconnect the battery for it to stop. Then, with the key off position, I reattached battery cable and it started to turn over. It wouldn't start fully until I turned the key to the on position. Then it would run. Turn the key off and the loud buzzing started again. I recently replaced the solenoid with a new one last week. Any ideas?

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
Either the new solenoid has failed or you have a short that is sending power to the small terminal on the solenoid. Disconnect the small terminal and then reconnect the battery if it starts buzzing then failed solenoid. If not then reconnect the small wire and if it starts buzzing then need to track down the issue from there.

wilbil

Forum Newbie
Threads
The two solenoid terminals are the same size. Can you be more specific?Screenshot 2023-05-20 175658.png

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Doesn't matter which one of the .250 spades terminals is disconnected.

wilbil

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thank you I will try that!

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Buzzing is generally a relay and JD have a love afair with relays .
OF course that depends upon what you call buzzing
If your mosquitos have landing lights your definition of buzzing might be a bit louder than mine.
A starting solenoid usually rattles & clacks like a WWI machine gun

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Now mosquitos might big enough to drank the river Rhine dry and fan up the dust with their wings.

wilbil

Forum Newbie
Threads
I figured it was bad solenoid so I have Amazon replace it!