Export thread

Lost Wire

C

chizman76

Where does this wire attach to?

Mower Ground 12.jpgMower Ground 1.jpg

R

Rivets

Can’t open the attachment. Try posting it a different way.

StarTech

StarTech

Most like it is a spare wire for the optional Oil pressure sender.

StarTech

StarTech

Log off and try viewing.

C

chizman76

I reposted the pictures, looks like this time the pictured attached correctly. Thank you

B

bertsmobile1

It would be good if you at leas told us the make & model number of the engine
If that wire goes to the magneto coil then it goes on a tab behind the throttle control plate so the engine shuts off from the throttle lever

B

bertsmobile1

For the last couple of days images have not been showing in the browser I use for viewing this foum
And this includes stuff that I pos, everything that Star has posted & all of the jokes
I copied the URL of this post then pasted it into 4 other browsers and the images loaded correctly.
No idea why this is happening but I have not made any changes on my end so it has to be somethig on the forum servers end
I did make a post in the site discussion section on Sunday ( Aust time ) but to date no response .
I even tried by "reporting" posts that were not loading properly but again no response .
And yes I have closed the browser & reopened it .

StarTech

StarTech

Yes it appears to some kinda of scripting problem. Differences between non login and login are apparent here.

When not login.
1678101054693.png

When Login.
1678101114700.png

B

bertsmobile1

Well guess what
Neither of them loaded into Brave
They sort of loaded into chrome
And did not load into Firefox
Which are the 3 browsers on this box
Some images do load & some don't but none of yours have for the past 4 days
Yet from the replies obviously some people can see them

I

ILENGINE

The OP original pictures can't be seen but the reuploaded pictures are visible, and none of Star's attachment are visible. And that looks like the Kohler Courage single which the green wire would go to a oil pressure switch if it has one.

StarTech

StarTech

I only use FF and TOR; sometimes Edge.

Yes it been a pain but with me getting busy here I will not have the time that I had to fool around trying to see things besides I got to get my tax forms done now. I think the forum operators are trying to figure a way to force us to view the 100's of ads sent our way that I block using NoScript along with ABP. I did see a not lately that they want us to pay for not viewing them; I feel this way I should be then paid for posting solutions if they insist on me paying.

Just another nightmare to deal with. I should have already done my taxes but everything has be a problem child lately.

I got a couple days of dry weather so it things in the shop that take priority first. Sunday was dry out day and is also my day off. Wednesday it suppose to start raining again. Half of the parts ordered last week is coming in today and another 1/3 tomorrow; the rest back ordered.

B

bertsmobile1

Some are seeing them, Laserman obviously saw the GT 3000 wiring diagram you posted, I did not .
I have not been able to see most posted images since Sunday and obviously from the replies to my "Images not displaying" thread quite a few others are in the same boat .
Going to make it difficult to provide useful information.
Must be Russian hackers 👿 :poop:

M

mmoffitt

we need "Internet forum" to help "Lawn Mower Forum"! thanks for everyones help and be well!

R

Rustymower

It looks like to me that it's kill switch wire. You need look at throttle cable linkage for plug in.

F

Freddie21

G

g-man57

No problem here running Avast browser... I don't know where the wire goes - it has a 'connector' on the end so if there's a place to connect it, then... If not, it probably isn't necessary - appears to be an 'owner installed' wire. Where did it come from? Until you decide what to do with it, you may want to test to see if it has power when the mower is running. That male end is right next to your fuel supply. If 'live', you should maybe move it.

V

VegetiveSteam

Green on Kohler goes to the oil pressure switch.

S

Sdmcarlson

I think StarTech is correct. http://www.kohlerengines.com/engines/onlinecatalog/pdf/sm_20_690_01.pdf
page 38. This looks like a Cub Cadet with a Kohler SV Courage Engine - - Top sump cover. Only one green wire

A

Alton R

It would be good if you at leas told us the make & model number of the engine
If that wire goes to the magneto coil then it goes on a tab behind the throttle control plate so the engine shuts off from the throttle lever
That's what I was thinking.

B

bobozr

The color and the connector suggests a safety switch. I'm guessing since it just the one wire, it goes to the blade engagement in reverse safety switch. Should be located below or near the shifter. It grounds the magneto if you shift into reverse with the blade engaged. Owners often remove these so they can mow in reverse without disengaging the blades. This is usually not even a switch, just a spring steel contact that the steel shift arm contacts to ground the system.

W

wvRenegade

If it is green, it should be a ground, so it could be attached anywhere to the metal.

B

bob22cn

If you ground it and the engine stops then it is kill switch wire. If not, oil pressure it seams is likely spot.

M

MNMindbender

Interesting, but I had the same question about the green wire on my KT745-3012 after taking it a part and then reassembling. The wire has a female connection on the end. I looked all over to see where it might go and finally settled on the highest likelihood of it being for the optional pressure switch that is not installed on my mower. Another difference is (facing the front of the engine) the wire is on the right side and comes from underneath the back metal shielding.