Lost air cleaner- Magnum 18

Mudrig150

Threads
So my buddy built a hot rod tractor out of a bunch of scrap metal and the magnum 18 from a snapper. He was going somewhere and when he got there he realized he had lost the air cleaner. We've been trying to find one that isn't either rotted out or too expensive but we've had no luck. He can't put a round air cleaner on because the hood clearance on even the short square air cleaner is almost nothing. I'm at a loss. Why is this so hard?

tom3

Lawn Addict
Threads
No magic in air cleaners. Hot Rod Tractor? Cut a hole through the hood and put a nice chrome deal on it? Or put a scoop on the hood and use something under it. Whole deal sounds like fun.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I am just a little confused.
What is it exactly that you can not find ?
There are 3 air filters for 18Hp magnum engines
A thin 7" diameter one ( element available in 4 different heights ) ring element
2 tall 6" diameter cylinder ones .
Oregon, Stens, Prime Line & Rotary all do after market elements for these.
Add to that there are a stack of similar sized elements for other brand that will fit onto the plate.
https://www.stens.com/brands/Kohler/part-category/Air-Filters-~-4~Cycle?show=48&keywords=magnum%20air%20filter

Mudrig150

Threads
I am just a little confused.
What is it exactly that you can not find ?
There are 3 air filters for 18Hp magnum engines
A thin 7" diameter one ( element available in 4 different heights ) ring element
2 tall 6" diameter cylinder ones .
Oregon, Stens, Prime Line & Rotary all do after market elements for these.
Add to that there are a stack of similar sized elements for other brand that will fit onto the plate.
https://www.stens.com/brands/Kohler/part-category/Air-Filters-~-4~Cycle?show=48&keywords=magnum%20air%20filter

The square one. They can be found, but rarely for cheap.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
So what EXACTLY is missing ?
I am assuming you are talking about the round pancake filter element inside a square cover.
The cover is just that a cover & does nothing other than make it look pretty.
Any V twin Command filter will for on it and the top as well.
A photo would go a very long way to explain your dilema.

Mudrig150

Threads
So what EXACTLY is missing ?
I am assuming you are talking about the round pancake filter element inside a square cover.
The cover is just that a cover & does nothing other than make it look pretty.
Any V twin Command filter will for on it and the top as well.
A photo would go a very long way to explain your dilema.

The whole thing is missing. Like, the entire assembly except the carb elbow. The base, the bolts, the filter, the top, the cover, everything. Only thing left on it when I got it was the carb elbow. I do have a filter and the rubber hose that goes into the flywheel shroud.