Looking for the Primary and Secondary Resistance specifications for a Coil on a Echo GT-2400 Trimmer

targa

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Looking for the Primary and Secondary Resistance specifications for a Coil on a Echo GT-2400 Trimmer
I have a older Echo GT-2400 grass trimmer that has been a great machine because it works well and is light.

When I went to start and use it after sitting since last summer it started right up and seemed fine for about 20 minutes then it would not start and there was not spark.

Since I have been through this before with one of my chainsaws I suspected a problem with the coil. So I tested the coil with my multimeter but the readings seemed very high. So I took a chance and against my better judgement ordered a inexpensive chinese made replacement from Amazon. The resistance readings seemed way off and it didn't create a spark so it when back.

I've searched the internet looking for the correct primary and secondary resistance levels for the coil but could not find them.

Does anyone on this site have the correct resistance levels for a GT-2400 coil?

Thank you

ILENGINE

Lawn Royalty
Threads
  • / Looking for the Primary and Secondary Resistance specifications for a Coil on a Echo GT-2400 Trimmer
Most likely you won't find them because most coils on small engines are either a work or not work. Unplug the kill wire no spark with known good plug, coil gets replaced. Without proper testing equipment you will not get accurate readings because of the hall effect trigger. And in some cases a normal ohm meter can actually damage the electronics.