Looking for service manual for Briggs and Stratton engine.

unioncreek

Threads
  • / Looking for service manual for Briggs and Stratton engine.
I have a John Deere D140 lawn tractor with a Briggs and Stratton engine in it. I need to do a rebuild, but have not been able to locate a service manual for it. Here's the model number off of the valve cover 4077 77-0274-G5.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Bob

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
407777 will make that engine an intek V twin
And the manual is called the Intek V-Twin OHV Repair Manual B & S number 273521.
However it covers all of the variations and IMHO the engine repair section of the JD Technical manual for your mower is far better then the B & S manual for the same engine
So my suggestion is to get a copy of the JD manual , ordered directly from JD as a digital download because it only has your exact intek engine in it ( actually it will have a seperate chapter for every engine that was offered .
Down side is the JD price is about 2 hours of a technicians charge out rate, the sort of price that most Americans are too poor to pay.
The B & S manual is all over the web for free .

Tinkerer200

Threads
Or I can send you a free B&S Service Manual at address below, put in proper format and remind me what you want.

Walt Conner
wconner5 at frontier dot com

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
407777 will make that engine an intek V twin
And the manual is called the Intek V-Twin OHV Repair Manual B & S number 273521.
However it covers all of the variations and IMHO the engine repair section of the JD Technical manual for your mower is far better then the B & S manual for the same engine
So my suggestion is to get a copy of the JD manual , ordered directly from JD as a digital download because it only has your exact intek engine in it ( actually it will have a seperate chapter for every engine that was offered .
Down side is the JD price is about 2 hours of a technicians charge out rate, the sort of price that most Americans are too poor to pay.
The B & S manual is all over the web for free .
It not shop owners like me are too poor we are just not paying up to a couple hundred dollars when we can get the same pdf manual for $20-$35. Just got to know where to find them. Or at least that what it cost me the other day for the TM113219 manual. It like the Stihl service manuals and IPLs that I can get because I know where to find them which are impossible to get from a local dealer.

BTW I tried buying manual from the local JD dealer and they refused to sell me the manual I needing at the time. So through my network I found it otherwise and have been buying all my JD from there every since when available.