Looking for manual for Husqvarna 22R String Trimmer

SteveHaller

Threads
I inherrited this late 1980s Husqvarna 22R string trimmer. It still runs good, and among other things I am struggling to remove the trimmer head to rewind new trim line. I've got other gas powered trimmers where I have re-spooled new line, but on this unit, I am struggling to remove the cover to access the spool.

So, looking for a manual or info on how to access the spool for trimming line. I've checked with Husqvarna support and they only have the parts manual in their archives.

Thanks in advance for any info!!

1718381720794.png

ILENGINE

Lawn Royalty
Threads
From what I can gather from the IPL the knob on the head unscrews, being aware since this is a straight shaft trimmer the knob could be left hand thread so righty loosey lefty tighty, the opposite of what most things are.

SteveHaller

Threads
From what I can gather from the IPL the knob on the head unscrews, being aware since this is a straight shaft trimmer the knob could be left hand thread so righty loosey lefty tighty, the opposite of what most things are.
Thanks, and that was my initial thought too, consistent with another straight shaft trimmer that I have. I will see if I can get a pic later on, but so far my observations are that this is a different setup. The cap on the trimmer head appears to snap on, and has a center hole over the knob. There are two points 180deg apart on the cap, where it says "press to remove" or something like that, but I have tried to no avail, and close to the point of breaking plastic. I will take another look.

ILENGINE

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Sounds like aftermarket head. And those two push to remove can be a pain to unlatch sometimes. Almost have to push the tab at the same time as prying the two halves apart.

SteveHaller

Threads
Sorry for the delayed follow-up on this. Below is an image of my trimmer head -- I did figure this out. Depressing simultaneously on the two metal "fittings" where the trimmer line exits the head (one denoted by the arrow on the top of the head in the pic below, and the other 180 degrees opposite), and then working the cap off at the same time is what is required. A little tricky to get the tabs to release, but I have done it a couple times now.

I am still not sure if this is an OEM head or aftermarket -- I did locate the original hardcopy manual, and surprisingly, it has very little info on the trimmy head (as it is called out), and NO information on re-winding it.

I have it on my todo list to use my flatbed scanner, and generate a decent quality PDF version of the manual. I will post here, and also provide to Husqvarna customer support, since they claim not to have an electronic copy of this. I hope this information and the manual will be helpful for others.

1718737247396.jpeg