looking for front commercial or wide area mowers

superfly611

Forum Newbie
Threads
I found a mower the other day that I was very interested. It was a Toro 455d front commercial mower. I believe it was 125 inch cut, four-wheel-drive, four-cylinder diesel. the diesel engine was some kind of foreign name I didn't recognize. The guy was asking way too much for it for the amount of hours it had on it. 5800 hours and he is asking $6000 for it for it. I've seen John Deere's out there that i believe model 1620 for around $8000 in nicer shape. The only problem with that is they are hydraulic driven decks. Being that I'm going to be cutting waterways around our farm i am looking for something that has a shaft driven deck. I believe that would be a better fit for my needs. I also do not want mid mounted or batwing type decks. I would rather have the whole deck up front. this is what i think will fit my needs. anyone out there use a hydraulic motor driven deck for heavier grass and if so was it ok?
Hopefully this link will work this is what I was looking for or something like it.. just with an engine that was a little better known?
https://www.govbids.com/Post/surplusauctions/pics/28200884043AM2116GOLF%20EQUIP%20022008%20003.jpg
that being said does anyone know of any other models like this or knows of any for sale in my area? I live in NJ.
thanks in advance.

keith

scott47429

Threads
what engine does it have in it

superfly611

Forum Newbie
Threads
Peugeot 1.9L 4cylinder diesel it has a rubber timing belt too. not to keen on that

scott47429

Threads
yeah i haven't ever seen one in a mower but they make cars and i stay away from them lol

Parkmower

Threads
I've run toro 300 series groundsmasters for years with shaft driven font mount decks. We are phasing them out and mainly running Jacobsen turfcats with hydraulic driven decks and drive systems. I and Everyone I've talked to prefer the jakes. I think they are just a better all around machine. I demo-Ed a new 300 series groundsmaster last summer and they are all hydraulic driven decks and drive systems. It seems this is the way they are all goin so it's got to be a better system. They hydro decks don't bog the engine as much and keep the blades spinning at a higher rate of speed thru the thicker stuff where the shaft driven would bog and smoke the deck belt.

And that is way too much money for a machine with that many hours. On average we get about 3500 hours out of a machine. After that they start to fall apart and nickel and dime you to death.

And all the toros we've had had continental, or ford gasoline or I believe a kubota for diesels.

superfly611

Forum Newbie
Threads
i have 2 Jacobsen t22d Front commercial mowers with 72 inch decks. They have three cylinder Kubota diesel's which runs great. I love them but I'm looking for something wider. I may start out converting one of them to be radio control being that I'm in a wheelchair. i have a robot i use for now. check it out. Track Robot with Pull Behind Flail Mower - YouTube
Track Robot with Flail Mower - YouTube
i need something 4x4 for some tough spots and hills. i would also like to look into a flail mower for some thicker areas. the flail mower does a better job cutting areas around the farm and waterways. to me at least. i've seen flail mowers on some of these front commercial mowers but it looks like they cannot be adjusted height wise. Does anyone have any video of one cutting as well as height adjustment by way of hydraulics?
As I stated earlier I rather get something like a John Deere with a front flex head mower or a jacobsen is fine too. 72 inches is big but I need bigger for the amount I'm cutting.
Thanks in advance