Looking for a part

bsavulis

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have an 80's GT6000 lawn tractor, Kohler Command 18HP v twin, hydrostatic transmission. The mount that holds the guide pulleys for the trans axle is damaged, this mounts directly to the transaxle and takes the belt from horizontal to vertical. I am looking to replace the assembly. It was damaged (bent) when a belt broke and wrapped itself around it. Does anyone have a unit they are parting out. I really would like to get all the bits that guide the drive belt assembly. The unit currently runs well, but eats drive belts every 8 to 10 hours of use. The tractor runs really strong, has been in use by my family since new. I hope I can keep it alive a good bit longer.

Thanks
Brian

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
Have you looked up the part numbers of the parts you need?

Lawn Addict
Threads
If all else fails, fab up something similar.

bsavulis

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have an 80's GT6000 lawn tractor, Kohler Command 18HP v twin, hydrostatic transmission. The mount that holds the guide pulleys for the trans axle is damaged, this mounts directly to the transaxle and takes the belt from horizontal to vertical. I am looking to replace the assembly. It was damaged (bent) when a belt broke and wrapped itself around it. Does anyone have a unit they are parting out. I really would like to get all the bits that guide the drive belt assembly. The unit currently runs well, but eats drive belts every 8 to 10 hours of use. The tractor runs really strong, has been in use by my family since new. I hope I can keep it alive a good bit longer.

Thanks
Brian
I posted the above a couple months ago. I am still searching for this part. The craftsman tractor is a 917.257730 a GT6000 hydrostatic drive, purchased in 1994. I am looking for part #140482 ---Bracket mount torque / fan. I have straightened the original, but some of the angles can't be quite right, as it eats belts every couple of weeks. Can anyone point me to a replacement. I cannot find them online anywhere.
Thanks!

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Your Craftsman tractor was built by AYP for Sears. AYP was acquired by Husqvarna, so you might try these numbers. Craftsman #140482, superseded to Husqvarna #532140482, which superseded to Husqvarna #532154561. Don’t know if they are still available, but that’s the best I can do.

bsavulis

Forum Newbie
Threads
Your Craftsman tractor was built by AYP for Sears. AYP was acquired by Husqvarna, so you might try these numbers. Craftsman #140482, superseded to Husqvarna #532140482, which superseded to Husqvarna #532154561. Don’t know if they are still available, but that’s the best I can do.
Rivets, You the man. Using your part numbers I was able to find the bracket on ebay. I will get it within the week. Thanks so much for the assistance!!!

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I get lucky once in a while, especially if I’m on my fifth or sixth cup of coffee. Hope it works.