Looking back

Daddio7

Threads
From the time I was 18 until I was 44 I worked on a farm. I spent about 1000 hours a year driving tractors and most of that was looking back at the cultivation equipment. Now I am 70 and just bought a John Deere 1023E. I still need to look back to check my brush hog or roto tiller but it is giving me a stiff neck and I can't turn around enough to see directly being me. Any tips on how to get a view to the back?

OldDiyer

Threads
How about if you got an older semi truck outside rear view mirror they were like 6-8ins wide but maybe 16-18in long. If you could set up some brackets to mount it side ways it would be wider than longer and give you a wide view behind you. Don't know how much you really need to see but may help without turning around all the time. Just my 2 cents worth.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
If you have a cab then you can fit a camera
They are cheap but the problem is sun glare on the screen so it needs to be in the shade to be clearly viewed
Other than that as OldDiyer mentioned some mirrors

oneoldsap

Threads
You can but a magnetic mount mirror , and mount it on your Loader frame .

Daddio7

Threads
Thanks for your input. After using my tractor for two weeks my neck finally quit hurting and my back has limbered up some. I had about 600 ft of ditch-bank I was mowing with my brush-hog by backing up over it. I got that done so not much backing from now on. I also got quick attach ends for my three point lift so changing implements will not take as much time now.

I think mounting a truck mirror with a swing away bracket on my ROPS would be the best option.