Looking at a Gravely Z44 Pro with 1700hrs, is that too many hours?

gainestruk

Threads
  • / Looking at a Gravely Z44 Pro with 1700hrs, is that too many hours?
Well, the dealer sold the 44Z. I talked with them and it turned out the engine was from another mower, so it was a used engine, but the original engine had been replaced. No idea how many hours were on the engine, and it probably wasn't a commercial engine either, so probably not worth getting. I told them I'm looking for a smaller, backup mower, and they have a few others they need to work on to sell, so we'll see what comes along.
I would say that's a good choice, I question it not being used commercially, my 2006 Gravely only has a little over 800 hrs and it has only mowed my neighbors lawn and mine, I traded neighbor a couple of rifles for it in 2017, when I got it it had 600 hrs, so that averages about 60 hours a year.
If you look at a mower try to get one commercial grade that has had 50-60 hrs a year, that will truly be non commercial.

RWlawnman

Threads
  • / Looking at a Gravely Z44 Pro with 1700hrs, is that too many hours?
I would say that's a good choice, I question it not being used commercially, my 2006 Gravely only has a little over 800 hrs and it has only mowed my neighbors lawn and mine, I traded neighbor a couple of rifles for it in 2017, when I got it it had 600 hrs, so that averages about 60 hours a year.
If you look at a mower try to get one commercial grade that has had 50-60 hrs a year, that will truly be non commercial.

Yes, that would be ideal. This would be a backup mower, one that I'd probably use on my own lawn every 2 weeks or so, and very occasionally on a job when my main mower, a 2020 Proturn 152 that I just bought in July, might have to go in the shop. So I'm just looking for something that is currently reliable, and the number of hours isn't critical, if the price is right. This 44Z I was looking at probably would have fit the bill, even with the hours, except the price was a little on the high side. I would have been comfortable at $1,500 because I like the dealer. If I was buying it from anyone else, $800-$1,000 would have been a reasonable pride. I did ride it, and could tell it's in good operational condition. So If I could find another like that, at the right price, I'll be happy.