Locking up

I am not a mechanic just someone who loves playing with small engines. I have a craftsman / powerbuilt 15.5 500cc i/c engine. I have just put a new / used connecting rod on. The camshaft was in good order. but the shear pin to the lower spindle on the flywheel was broken and the flywheel was 30% out of line. I replaced the shear pin . Now when I turn the engine over without a spark plug the crankshaft spins at a good speed. When I replace the spark plug the engine spins and stops in the same place. Am I looking at valves, timing or what? Any help will be greatly appreciated . Remember I'm a chancer so explain clearly please.
 
Lets start with the engine model type and code so we can see what engine you have. At this point we don't know if you have a flat head, OHV, OHC, or some new fangled aerospace valve system.
 
Back
Top