locked out

skyhawk

Forum Newbie
Threads
Yo. I have a Husky TS242. Yesterday I tried to start it but it comes up with an error message. The 2 top lights on the start module marked CC & EE in the diagram continually flash and it will not start. Any thoughts?1633313397785.png

Attachments

• 1633313196399.png
    1633313196399.png
    64 KB · Views: 1

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
CC is the parking brake warning lamp
EE is the PTO switch warning light
Flashing means that some one has attempted to start the mower with either the brake off or the PTO on
What colour does the switch F glow ?
These things are supposed to make the mower thief proof and also prevent children using the mower.
They are a joke & a PIA I charge $100 to $ 300 for retro fitting a standard key switch and do 2 to 3 a year

skyhawk

Forum Newbie
Threads
Yeah thanks. I had simply turned the machine off, went away came back and this occured. The light flashes blue, I put in the code. Press again and they start flashing. Can I clear this crap?

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Now you see why people are happy to pay for a retro fit
There is a sequence for clearing the memory and resetting the code.
It is in the owners manual and varies from maker to maker.
I got caught out servicing one because the reset information was wrong for that model.
Turn the blades on & off a few times then unplug the seat switch and reconnect it making sure the switch is fully home as there is a shorting strip inside the seat switch plug .
BEcause of variations in manufacture some will activate if the plug is the slightest bit loose .
The smart switch was such a dissaster in OZ the following year they went back to a key,
The standard switch is 532 18 3-50 and can be wired back in fairly easily.

The system goes into auto lock after around 5 minutes
When you get off the seat the blades stop spinning instantly
When you go into reverse the blades stop spinning instantly.
So it is easy to forget to turn the blades off because they have already stopped

Last edited:

skyhawk

Forum Newbie
Threads
haha. thanks mate. I disconnected the battery to see if it cleared its brain but alas not. I've seen how to reset the code etc. I will try that also. will let you know. Peter