Locatgion of the Valve Cover.

Cusser

Threads
Sorry for being blunt, but if you have to ask for help finding the valve covers, you probably should not be adjusting the valves.

I was going to post the SAME !!!

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
► Yes, it could be increased mechanical friction inside the starter due to worn parts or solidified (oxidized) bearing grease.
► It could also be poor electrical conditions where the starter relay has burned contacts internally and is not allowing full battery current to pass to the starter motor.

More testing is required.
Testing is good way to eliminate problem and to verify that someone is on the right track. With voltage drop tests you can be surprised at what is causing the problem sometimes. Just recently I had a bad battery terminal that cause problems as the voltage only dropped out under load. What strange was the fuel solenoid never dropped out as I would have expected. Still wondering how it held in with zero volts at the "B" terminal of the ignition switch. If it wasn't for doing voltage drop tests I probably would not had found it.

As for the starter even worn out brushes and commuter ring that worn or glazed can cause starting problems. Basically it comes down to pin pointing the problem. Just never get lock in to train of thought. Surprises do happen.