Lithium battery dedicated edger?

1 Lucky Texan

Threads
I noticed the 2 Ryobi yard tools I now have; edger and now a trimmer, are deficient in missing a convenient 'hang-up keyhole slot' that my greenworks trimmer and blower have.

1 Lucky Texan

Threads
It's a minor complaint - just that I hang a coupla tools on screws on the inside of the shed doors at this new home. Disappointed that neither of the Ryobi yard tools can hang there.

Not worth adopting a 3rd battery system lol!

I might be able to use some big bicycle hanging hook to grab the left-hand handle - hmmm, I may have one in my 'misc. junk' storage tub.....

1 Lucky Texan

Threads
The Ryobi is already dead.
When does Lowes put yard equipment on sale?

1 Lucky Texan

Threads
Does Lowe's handle a Greenworks warranty claim the same way as a Kobalt warranty claim?

I'd 'like' to get a Kobalt 80V edger but the GW 60v is on sale (last day today) at a decent price.

MowerMike

Threads
Unless you buy an extended warranty through Lowe's, I doubt there would be a difference, but since I've never owned or returned a Kobalt tool, I can't say for sure. Of course, they do typically have a 30 day free return on all in-store and most online purchases. Have you tried contacting their customer service to see if they handle it differently ?

1 Lucky Texan

Threads
Unless you buy an extended warranty through Lowe's, I doubt there would be a difference, but since I've never owned or returned a Kobalt tool, I can't say for sure. Of course, they do typically have a 30 day free return on all in-store and most online purchases. Have you tried contacting their customer service to see if they handle it differently ?

nah, I should have but, all my other GW tools have been from OK to stellar so, I just 'went for it'. The Kobalt 80v wasn't on sale so, I ordered (not stocked at my Lowe's) the GW 60v. 10% off and I used a $50 gc my middle daughter gave me last Xmas. JUst couldn't talk myself into the xtra expense right now for the Kobalt.

MowerMike

Threads
nah, I should have but, all my other GW tools have been from OK to stellar so, I just 'went for it'. The Kobalt 80v wasn't on sale so, I ordered (not stocked at my Lowe's) the GW 60v. 10% off and I used a $50 gc my middle daughter gave me last Xmas. JUst couldn't talk myself into the xtra expense right now for the Kobalt.

The chance that something will go wrong is very small, and the Kobalt and Greenworks edgers are virtually identical except for the different battery voltage. My original G-Max batteries are over 7 years old and still going strong, and I've never had a motor failure in any of the Greenworks tools. In either case, you would need to buy a new battery system, so I think your choice to take the one with the cheaper price makes perfect sense.

1 Lucky Texan

Threads
The chance that something will go wrong is very small, and the Kobalt and Greenworks edgers are virtually identical except for the different battery voltage. My original G-Max batteries are over 7 years old and still going strong, and I've never had a motor failure in any of the Greenworks tools. In either case, you would need to buy a new battery system, so I think your choice to take the one with the cheaper price makes perfect sense.

It was at a 10% discount so, that helped a little too. Yeah, I also have 7 year-old batteries - some of the plastic membrane/buttons over the voltage check button have cracked. but they all still work.

I wanted to get my broken Ryobi repaired under warranty, but they wanted me to drive to some oddball repair facility instead of just dropping it off at HD. I guess I was just curious about how to actually use the GW warranty if there's a failure outside the 30 day exchange period. Plus I think Kobalt offers an xtra year of warranty. I will REALLY use the heck out of an edger at this property we now live at.

1 Lucky Texan

Threads
It was at a 10% discount so, that helped a little too. Yeah, I also have 7 year-old batteries - some of the plastic membrane/buttons over the voltage check button have cracked. but they all still work.

I wanted to get my broken Ryobi repaired under warranty, but they wanted me to drive to some oddball repair facility instead of just dropping it off at HD. I guess I was just curious about how to actually use the GW warranty if there's a failure outside the 30 day exchange period. Plus I think Kobalt offers an xtra year of warranty. I will REALLY use the heck out of an edger at this property we now live at.

Haven't spun it up yet. Arrived today, man it is LONG ! I always thought the ryobi was a little awkward . Hope I can get used to this one.