Limited Fire will not run. Scag 61 25hp Kohler

bakergene@att.net

Forum Newbie
Threads
Engine was running fine, stopped while mowing. Turns over, battery strong, have small level of spark to both cylinders. Will not crank. This is a model STT61A CH25 Serial Number 6712203

Last edited:

mechanic mark

Lawn Pro
Threads
403 Forbidden Page 68 Kohler wiring diagram, check 20 amp fuses, " hands on " check all wiring & connections for being tight and secure, wires chafing, bare wire, loose connections at wire harness plugs , burn marks on connections, etc. Check air filter for replacement.

Thanks for posting model & serial numbers, big help.

bakergene@att.net

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks for the reply. I have not corrected my issue. Replaced all safety switches, the relay, both coils and the ignition switch. Have disconnected and used electrical cleaner on all wiring connections, new plugs. Earlier we had replaced the clutch and the switch controlling the clutch. The fuses are good and as for as we can see the wires are not rubbing or bare. Still no fire or really very low spark, not enough to jump the plug. This system has a SAM could that be bad? or do you have any thoughts. I did not understand the Air filter suggestion on your earlier blog. I appreciate your suggestions very much.

mechanic mark

Lawn Pro
Threads
Air filters should be checked weekly, regardless of how much time you are spending mowing. Engines need fresh air in order to operate properly & perform efficiently. Use compressed air or blower and blow from inside out on cartridge & use a drop or two of mild soap and warm water on foam pre-filter, rinse thoroughly squeeze dry and let air dry before reinstalling. Air filters are one of the most neglected parts of any engine. It's a good idea to keep a new filter on hand.

http://www.kohlerengines.com/onlinecatalog/pdf/SM CH18-CH25 CH620-CH750 -ENGLISH 6-6-14.pdf troubleshooting page 18

Last edited: