Buying Advice like the RE but not sure

cinfully

Forum Newbie
Threads
I need to replace my riding mower and have been looking at the Snapper REs. I was wondering if anyone knows if the Blade Lever (to engage and disengage the blade) can be lengthened. I am a short female and it seems like it would be difficult to engage the blade since it is so far down on the deck. I previously had a Toro rear engine rider and loved it. I thought I read on this site that someone had added a longer lever. Any help would be appreciated. First time using this forum. Love to read all the posts.

Snapperfreak

Threads
Hello there. The first idea that popped into my mind was welding on an extention, but I don't know how readilly accessable a welder is for u. I would try lawnmowerparts.com. If u can't find anything on their website give them a call and see if they can direct u to somewhere that may have what you're looking for. Hope that helps some.

cablesnmoore

Threads
hook a string to it and tie it to some where easy for you to get to if the string wont stay on use a hose clamp on the lever to hold the string

SeniorCitizen

Lawn Addict
Threads
I need to replace my riding mower and have been looking at the Snapper REs. I was wondering if anyone knows if the Blade Lever (to engage and disengage the blade) can be lengthened. I am a short female and it seems like it would be difficult to engage the blade since it is so far down on the deck. I previously had a Toro rear engine rider and loved it. I thought I read on this site that someone had added a longer lever. Any help would be appreciated. First time using this forum. Love to read all the posts.
I have one of those and I find it so aggravating to operate I don't even get on it and haven't been on it for at least 10 years. I made an extension for the shift lever and reverse is still a royal pain not to mention the blade engage lever that only someone with 36" arm reach would be comfortable with.

To answer your question: yes it could be modified but then it may be in the way getting on and off the mower. My suggestion would be to find a mower you are comfortable with rather than trying to re-enjiner something someone else screwed up. Good luck in your search.

cablesnmoore

Threads
ive got 5 snapper rers right now all different years different size motors 6.5-8-9-11-12.5hp and decks 25-26-28-30-33 and i have a 38 and a 42 inch craftsmans they are totally different machines it takes a little getting use to the rers i like the craftsman for bigger yards it just turns wider not great for the smaller yards i can turn inside the radius of the craftsman with the smaller one and i like my little 25 inch snapper for the smaller yards i can fit thrue most gates that a push mower can and the snappers can be stood on their end to be worked on and stored i can put 2 snappers in the same space stood on end it all depends on preference and what your needs are not trying to sway you one way or the other look at your needs and then pick what you want