Lifetime Deck warranty is not hhhhonored

Kenneth Brock

Forum Newbie
Threads
Purchased a new Ts 348 Husqvarna lawn tractor in Aug 2019. Deck came apart at weld while taking up leaves. Husqvarna will not honor warranty.

Attachments

• 20211203_145242.jpg
    20211203_145242.jpg
    830.7 KB · Views: 254

Mower King

Threads
In that pic, looks like the right deck spindle deck mounting is cracked all around the right spindle and about to come apart!

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
First off, please don’t start two threads about the same problem. This only gets confusing and doesn’t help you with your problem. Second, who are you dealing with and where did you purchase it? Have you talked to a Big Box center, Husqvarna dealer, or Husqvarna directly? Looking at your pic, you need to work with an authorized Husqvarna dealer or directly with Husqvarna. As MowerKing just posted, looks like area around the spindle is cracked, with is caused by the blade hitting something hard. If the deck is cracked around the spindle, this would be considered customer abuse, which is not covered by any manufacturers warranty. Sorry we can’t provide a more positive response.

ILENGINE

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Cracks around the spindle would indicate striking a solid object. the gauge wheel bouncing over rough ground could result in the deck cracking in that area, especially if the deck cross member at the discharge is not present. I can see why they denied the warranty, and the cracks around the spindle would do it in.

bkeller500

Threads
It would seem logical from that pic that the deck took a huge hit from a root or curb. It's hard to imagine that the crack near the spindle or the gap at the rear of the deck happened due to a faulty weld or manufacturing defect.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I’d really like to see the blade from that spindle. Willing to bet it is either nice and sharp or with a nice chunk out of it, plus probably bent.

MParr

Lawn Addict
Threads
That falls under improper operation. You want the manufacturer to warranty obvious operator caused damage?

Mower King

Threads
It would seem logical from that pic that the deck took a huge hit from a root or curb. It's hard to imagine that the crack near the spindle or the gap at the rear of the deck happened due to a faulty weld or manufacturing defect.
A LOT, and I mean A LOT of people think a mower warranty covers EVERYTHING no matter what, they seem to be either BLIND, or IGNORANT to the reality of a Mower Warranty!
I believe a lot of that stems from buying a mower from a box store, the guy selling it to you is just working there for a job and might not even own a mower and, never has and really don't care.
And I know for a FACT, because it happens to us, a national chain big box store ( I won't name) sells their equipment to customers telling them that our Dealership does their Warranty, and we don't, it has happened for several years now....I think some box stores say things like that, just to sell it and after that....who cares!
I know, when a person buys a mower from the Dealership I work at, the Owner sits down with every buyer and goes over every page of the Owners Manual and Highlights with a marker, all the most important parts and what Warranty covers and doesn't cover!

ILENGINE

Lawn Royalty
Threads
A LOT, and I mean A LOT of people think a mower warranty covers EVERYTHING no matter what, they seem to be either BLIND, or IGNORANT to the reality of a Mower Warranty!
I believe a lot that stems from buying a mower from a box store, the guy selling it to you is just working there for a job and might not even own a mower and, never has!
And I know for a FACT, because it happens to us, a national chain big box store ( I won't name) sells their equipment to customers telling them that our Dealership does their Warranty, and we don't, it has happened for several years now....I think some box stores say things like that, just to sell it and after that....who cares!
I know, when a person buys a mower from the Dealership I work at, the Owner sits down with every buyer and goes over every page of the Owners Manual and Highlights with a marker, all the most important parts and what Warranty covers and doesn't cover!
Agree with your assessment of what most people think warranty covers, and the box stores don't give out accurate information most of the time.. Actually there are a lot of people believe if they break it then warranty will fix it.. Want some interesting reading. Read the MTD handheld warranty page. When you get done you will be wondering what they do cover.