Lgt2554 drive issues

Darrick94

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a lgt2554 that when you put it in reverse it goes forward and all the way in forward it is reverse. I thought the belt was on wrong but I have checked the routing diagram and it’s correct. What other issues could this be?

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Are you 100% certain you didn't put the belt on in a figure eight pattern?

ILENGINE

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Has the hydrostat transmission been disassembled

Darrick94

Forum Newbie
Threads
Has the hydrostat transmission been disassembled
Not that I’m aware of. I bought it used and it’s been like this the whole time I’ve had it. I’ve made sure the belt was routed correctly and that’s really all I’ve done to it.

ILENGINE

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Not that I’m aware of. I bought it used and it’s been like this the whole time I’ve had it. I’ve made sure the belt was routed correctly and that’s really all I’ve done to it.
Been like this the whole time I've had it meaning forward is reverse and reverse is forward or is this something that started after the belt replacement

Darrick94

Forum Newbie
Threads
Been like this the whole time I've had it meaning forward is reverse and reverse is forward or is this something that started after the belt replacement
Meaning forward is reverse and reverse is forward. Only messed with the belt to make sure it was routed correctly.

ILENGINE

Lawn Royalty
Threads
If it has been like that since you have owned it. My suspicion is somebody had been inside of the hydro and has flipped the drive wedge or somebody has replaced the hydro with one that was assembled to operate the opposite direction.

Darrick94

Forum Newbie
Threads
If it has been like that since you have owned it. My suspicion is somebody had been inside of the hydro and has flipped the drive wedge or somebody has replaced the hydro with one that was assembled to operate the opposite direction.
How hard would it be to flip the drive wedge?