Export thread

lew88

L

lew88

pto replacement lt 1050 having troule placing new pto mics out right how snug should it be wont try heat and cold to alter size as parts to delicate

cpurvis

cpurvis

Not familiar with your machine but all the electric PTO clutches I've seen are slip fit on the crankshaft, and have a keyway, held in place with a retaining bolt & washer and are slip fit.

Use fine grit emery cloth or sandpaper to clean up the crankshaft and make sure there are no burrs on either the crank or ID of new clutch. I find it easier to obtain this slip fit with the key removed. When you get the proper fit, install the key, install the clutch and torque it.

B

bertsmobile1

Not familiar with your machine but all the electric PTO clutches I've seen are slip fit on the crankshaft, and have a keyway, held in place with a retaining bolt & washer and are slip fit.

Use fine grit emery cloth or sandpaper to clean up the crankshaft and make sure there are no burrs on either the crank or ID of new clutch. I find it easier to obtain this slip fit with the key removed. When you get the proper fit, install the key, install the clutch and torque it.

And don't forget the grease / never size / molly slip so that it does not rut up again and is easy to pull off latter.