less zig n zag

Pineapple

Threads
Well, I was somewhat able to cut my grass w/o zig zag stripes on the lawn:smile: ...still a little apprehensive about steering the ztr but I've become more comfortable w/ the machine. I've read negative reviews about the Toro striper (rubber strip) that fastens to the deck but it did a good job on my clover,grass and weed yard (it was free along w/hour meter and cover when I purchased an ss5000). I was developing double vision and migraines reading all the info on different makes/models on line, (v2200 thru v3800 (?) transmissions) when I realized I'm not a pro, don't make a living in lawn care, then found the Toro on sale. At the moment, I'd have to give the mower "thumbs up" for the cut and 'roller coaster excitement/anxiety' when cutting grass.

Mad Mackie

Lawn Addict
Threads
To straighten out your mowing pattern, find an object at the far end of the area that you are mowing and fix your sight on it as you mow toward it. I do this all the time and use a tree, fence post or other objects and guide the machine toward it. In time you will be able to mow an almost perfect line. Where there are no sight objects, I pay particular attention to the first cut and then use the tire track from the first pass as a guide for subsequent passes.:laughing::biggrin::smile:
I recall my pilot training, develop a sight picture to the area of intended landing and fly it to landing!