Left rear wheel falls off / Toro SR-21S Super recycling mower/ Direct drive/ Model 20042

W1D2C

Threads
  • / Left rear wheel falls off / Toro SR-21S Super recycling mower/ Direct drive/ Model 20042
Have not been here for a while but would like to share and ask your opinion.

My left rear wheel fell off. Found the bolt but not nut. Found a nut that fit the threads but had to slightly grind the sides of the nut to fit in bolt slot. Would have to get the OEM nut to fit in but need it fixed today. This old mower has a slot the shape of nut to fit in and hard to put in. All Good so far and tightening wheel.

However, tightened it but could not all the way since tire will not spin freely so backed off and cut the rest of lawn. Tightened up right side wheel and was loose but spinned freely.

I figure the left rear wheel which from the outside has been banged up alot, many gouges in plastic, is done and needs replacing.

Mower is 15 plus years old, smokes a little sometimes but good shape to cut a house once a week.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
  • / Left rear wheel falls off / Toro SR-21S Super recycling mower/ Direct drive/ Model 20042
Check the bushing on that rear wheel, probably worn causing the wheel to catch the bolt, baking it out. I use nylock nuts on those wheels solving the problem.

W1D2C

Threads
Thanks for the feedback. Getting some used wheels and will checkout the bushings when I install. Like the idea of nylocks.

W1D2C

Threads
I took apart the rear wheels and replaced some parts and cleaned it up a while ago. The mower was easier to push afterwards, less friction but not sure if I replaced the bushing in the pivot arm.

W1D2C

Threads
My error you meant the bushings inside the tire.