lb 8072 carb adjust

4uzindian

Forum Newbie
Threads
1984 mower #8072 -f series i presume.carb has one screw on top of carb not on side.how do i adjust this ?it runs good just curious .

Two-Stroke

Lawn Addict
Threads
The F-series engines came with several carbs. I think I know which one you have (plastic carb with mixture adjustment on top) -- but I'm not sure.

In general, I adjust the mixture on two-cycle engines by noting how they perform under load and fully warmed up. If I think I'm close to the right spot, I try 1/4 turn in either direction to see if performance improves.

But if your mower works fine, be careful not to mess with the adjustment too much -- and remember how you turned it so you can put it back.

4uzindian

Forum Newbie
Threads
thanks for your fast reply. i'm going to leaf it as is . question ? the white governer knob .or what ever its called. if i turn it to the right does this raise the rpm or lower it ?

impalass

Threads
thanks for your fast reply. i'm going to leaf it as is . question ? the white governer knob .or what ever its called. if i turn it to the right does this raise the rpm or lower it ?
Clockwise will increase the RPM. Each click will increase the RPM approximately 50-75 RPM. This applies to the round collar.