Layed up my Scag Tiger Cub for the season

Mad Mackie

Lawn Addict
Threads
Hi Troops,
After cleaning up about 2,400 bushels of mostly leaves and pine needles, I did all the lubes, changed filters and oils, drained the fuel, ran the engine out of gas and removed the battery.
As the season was winding down, I noticed that the left drive system was becoming increasingly jumpy in reverse only. Machine has about 800 hours on it. I cut open the hydraulic filter and found no foreign matter in it. I also disconnected one of the hoses at the wheelmotor, no foreign matter there. So I'm thinking about a new left pump for next season. I know that replacing the respective wheelmotor is recommended, just not crazy about having to spend over a grand to replace these parts! The pump drive belt is due replacement every 400 hours and I plan to replace it in spring along with possibly the left pump and wheelmotor.
I inspected the clutch, still within tolerance on the air gaps and Ohms readings.
My other two machines need scheduled and other maintenance done on them and I'll address them as time and weather permit.
Take care all and have a Great Holiday Season!!!!
Mad Mackie in CT:laughing::biggrin::smile:

Lawnboy18

Lawn Addict
Threads
I have done most of my maintenance a month ago.

It seems to me that 800 hours on a hydro isn't that much. They shoud last longuer. Could it be air in the line somewhere or the belt slipping since it is due?