lawnboy z310 280h070166e1 no run

Darrell2012

Forum Newbie
Threads
have a Lawnboy z310, the zero turn mower. Son was mowing and it 'just died' according to him. Can't get any details from him, anyway.

Thought it was a neutral safety issue. Check all the switches, ohm'd and checked all continuity on all circuits. All is good. Was going to check the spark plug and pulled off the wire, it broke the wire and the igniter, so got a new one and a new plug.

Crank it and get fire to the plug, next check for fuel, put new fuel filter in and new bottom carb solenoid, all work great.

find that it's pushing air back through the carb when try to crank it. Still don't get the motor to 'hit' or turn over any, NONE. Pulled spark plug, put a compression test on it, ZERO compression.

So I am guessing it could be a valve issue?

I am a fair car engine mechanic, should I pull the head and see? Is that the next best step?

Darrell2012

Forum Newbie
Threads
ok pulled the head and lo and behold the top valve the steel seat popped out.

now how to reseat the 'valve ring' for lack of a better word.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
It is called a valve seat
IT popped out because the engine got too hot so you have an overheating problem.
Clean up the hole & the seat
Push it back in , do not put any goo in there as it restricts the heat flow
Then with a center punch stake around the perimeter to push some aluminium over the edge to hold it in place.
Search the forum for "Loose valve seat" and "staking" there are a lot of posts about it, some with pickies .

bogdaN

Threads
Need to put that seat back and take center punch pin Alloway around .that should hold for long time.