LawnBoy Insight 10686 - engine swap?

canuck88

Threads
Hi all,

The Tecumseh LV195-EA on my LawnBoy 10686 is starting to give me trouble... mine is the Silver series, and my neighbour has the Gold series which is identical but came with a Honda GCV160.

Is it possible to dump the Tecumseh and replace it with a GCV160 or GCV190? Anyone know what would be required?

Thanks!

delf360

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi all,

The Tecumseh LV195-EA on my LawnBoy 10686 is starting to give me trouble... mine is the Silver series, and my neighbour has the Gold series which is identical but came with a Honda GCV160.

Is it possible to dump the Tecumseh and replace it with a GCV160 or GCV190? Anyone know what would be required?

Thanks!
I Just replaced the pice of trash Tecumesh engine in mine (10685 With mulch, discharge, and rear bager. ) W/ a Brigs&Stratton 6.5HP Quantum (12000 series) Runs fine and much more powerful that tecumech. I was concerned about the fit, because the botton doesn't fit flush as the tecucech, however the shaft is the same demention, and distance is the same. With the 1/4" void at the deck, it doesn't interfeer with the bagging, and don't get any grass blowby through there either. The engine stop cable doesn't fit, had to rig it for now until it's replaced, very soon, it is riged to the bag safty. When I remove the bag it shuts the engine off.
Good luck on your engine replacement!!!!!!:thumbsup::wink:

Del