Lawnboy 10525 2 stroke 6.5 hp gold series no start

intruder1500

Threads
Last couple of times went to start the subject ( and it has been a 1 pull start for 20 years ) and it wouldn't start. First time I primed the crap out of it...pulled the plug and it was dry after a dozen pulls. Pulled the air filter and it started on the first pull. A week later same problem....multiple primes....pull the plug and its dry. Poured fuel down the carb throat and it stated after a couple of pulls. My first thought was that the carb jet was plugged but after it starts there is no issue. Thinking now maybe its the primer bulb or hose thats the issue. Any other thoughts out there?

logert gogert

Threads
Is there any holes or cracks, maybe dry rotted primer bulb?

intruder1500

Threads
I have a spare bulb and hose....will try it tomorrow.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
IF that is a blue smoke model then your symptoms are typical of leaking crank case seals

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
AFAIK lawn boys were never imported into Australia as they are mostly not suitable for mst Australian lawns and we were a major exporter of walk behind lawnmowers till the late 90's
Thus LB model numbers are not available to me
So I have no idea if it is a 2 or 4 stroke engine

intruder1500

Threads
AFAIK lawn boys were never imported into Australia as they are mostly not suitable for mst Australian lawns and we were a major exporter of walk behind lawnmowers till the late 90's
Thus LB model numbers are not available to me
So I have no idea if it is a 2 or 4 stroke engine
Australia? I'm in Canada. Pretty sure its not a crank case seal. Runs fine once it starts and no leaks anywhere. Interesting that it started with one pull today. Have not changed the primer bulb yet...had to find my daughter septic tank lids for a pump out...lots of fun!

intruder1500

Threads
Well mower is back to a one pull start....all I did was clean the carb...nothing else. Primer bulb / hose were okay. Not bad after 15 years of only changing the plug and cleaning the air filter. Oh yah...and sharpening the blade.