Lawn Power tool outfitting

shadco

Threads
I've recently acquired a 2.25 acre homesite that is in good condition with some tress/woods in one corner and beds with ornamental trees (Dogwoods Japanese Maples, Crepe Myrtles) in some of the beds.

I have the mower handled with a new to me low hours JD Z727a, and a much loved and cared for JD JX75.

I need Blowers, and trimmer.

I'm thinking a medium duty back pack for myself and a lightweight gas hand held for my wife. I would also go with the gutter attachment for the small hand held.

I have about 600 feet of concrete drive and sidwalks that will need edging and a fair amount of boxwood hedge and some Holly's that will need trimming.

For the Trimer I'm thinking a Kombi type system with weed trimmer head, curved shaft edger, and hedge trimmer heads.

I've been looking at Stihl, and Echo.

From Stihl I think I would go with

Hand held blower BG56 C E
Back Pack BR350
Multitool KM 90 R

From Echo I think I would go with

Hand Held blower PB 250 LN
Back Pack Blower PB500T
Multitool PAS 230.

Am I looking at the right stuff?

Seems to me the Stihl stuff might cost a little more and be a little higher quality

Suggestion, advice alternative recommendations welcome

mechanic mark

Lawn Pro
Threads
Read reviews, Echo makes quality products for the homeowner and professionals.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
I've recently acquired a 2.25 acre homesite that is in good condition with some tress/woods in one corner and beds with ornamental trees (Dogwoods Japanese Maples, Crepe Myrtles) in some of the beds.

I have the mower handled with a new to me low hours JD Z727a, and a much loved and cared for JD JX75.

I need Blowers, and trimmer.

I'm thinking a medium duty back pack for myself and a lightweight gas hand held for my wife. I would also go with the gutter attachment for the small hand held.

I have about 600 feet of concrete drive and sidwalks that will need edging and a fair amount of boxwood hedge and some Holly's that will need trimming.

For the Trimer I'm thinking a Kombi type system with weed trimmer head, curved shaft edger, and hedge trimmer heads.

I've been looking at Stihl, and Echo.

From Stihl I think I would go with

Hand held blower BG56 C E
Back Pack BR350
Multitool KM 90 R

From Echo I think I would go with

Hand Held blower PB 250 LN
Back Pack Blower PB500T
Multitool PAS 230.

Am I looking at the right stuff?

Seems to me the Stihl stuff might cost a little more and be a little higher quality

Suggestion, advice alternative recommendations welcome

With a question like this you're going to get a lot of controversial answers to which is better so my recommendation would be to start checking the spec's on the equipment you listed. If it's me I'd go Stihl all the way, I wouldn't consider Echo. With the Stihl equipment you'll have bigger displacement engines, you'll have more CFM (air volume & velocity) on your blowers. IMO just better all around equipment than the Echo.

possum

Threads
The brand is not going to matter as much as the service you can get from the dealer. It is easy to buy stuff. But can be a lot harder to get service when needed.