Lawn Boy Supreme

a.palmer jr.

Threads
I have a Lawn Boy Supreme 2 cycle that I'm having an awful time getting to run right. When I first start it the thing runs really slow, even when turned up to high speed. If I leave it running for a while it gradually gets up to operating speed and after I run it for a good while I get a little spark knock like it's running lean. I've tried adjusting the carburetor but it doesn't help much. I've cleaned the air filter and it helped some but today it went back to like it did before. I'm wondering what to check next. Thanks

Model # S19ZPN
Serial G344B0425

Fireman 123

Threads
I have a Lawn Boy Supreme 2 cycle that I'm having an awful time getting to run right. When I first start it the thing runs really slow, even when turned up to high speed. If I leave it running for a while it gradually gets up to operating speed and after I run it for a good while I get a little spark knock like it's running lean. I've tried adjusting the carburetor but it doesn't help much. I've cleaned the air filter and it helped some but today it went back to like it did before. I'm wondering what to check next. Thanks

Model # S19ZPN
Serial G344B0425

Take the carb apart by removing the fuel bowl and give it a thorough cleaning. Spray carb cleaner or blow compressed air through all the ports. Check the needle valve that attaches to the float. It may be worn. I have a silver series that other than the knock is doing the same thing. Takes it a few seconds to run up to max rpms each time I start it. If left to sit, fuel seeps through the carb, and will over time drain the tank. Can't afford much of that! Anyway, check the carb out really good. Theres many re-build kits for around $20 on ebay. Good luck