Lawn boy smokes a lot

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
If the mower sat for a long period of time, you may have a large amount of oil sitting in the crankcase. If that is the case, it should clear up after about 30 minutes of running. As sail check your fuel/oil ratio. I suggest you use Opti-2 oil, because you don’t have to measure and smokes very little.
100:1?? o_O

slomo

AnthemBassMan

Threads
Outboard oils air meant for water cooled engines, not Lawn Boys, which run hotter than mowers. Lawn Boy fuel/oil ratio should be 32-1 when using standard 2-cycle oil.

Actually Lawn Boy specifies in the owners and service manuals to use a quality TC-W3 rated oil when not using Lawn Boy brand 2 stroke oil.
E1D4A55B-0655-4F6C-8C98-DA75CC6C87C2.png
L8R,
Matt

AnthemBassMan

Threads
Another thing to check is the muffler. It could be loaded with oil sludge and is burning it off. Pull the blade off if necessary, then pull the muffler. If it’s a two piece muffler, split it apart and use some carb/brake cleaner to clean the sludge. If it’s a one piece muffler, hopefully you have a gas grill with a side burner, and sit it on the burner. Set the burner on medium and pretty much let it cook until the smoking stops.

L8R,
Matt

1saxman

Threads
I didn't look at the diagnosis but I can tell you that excessive smoking is too much oil in the combustion chamber. Now this can be from either an overly oil-rich mix or simply too much fuel getting in with a correct mix. The choke might be on. The air filter might be restricted.