Lawn Boy Platinum Model 10795*: No Spark

Opahujo

Forum Newbie
Threads
I replaced the coil but still no spark. However, there is plenty of spark when I disconnect from the coil the wire that goes to the STOP/RUN switch. Measuring the resistance to ground of that wire after disconnecting it from the coil with the STOP/RUN switch in the STOP position I get zero Ohms to ground (that is as it should be). However, with the switch in the RUN position, the wire measures 35 Ohms to ground. I wonder whether that is as it should be or is there a resitor across the switch contacts. The wire runs underneath the flywheel to the STOP/RUN switch which only partially sticks out from under the flywheel. I can’t really trace what’s going on.
The mower has a Toro GCV 160 engine and I wonder where I could find a wiring diagram for the mower with that engine. Any comments would be Much appreciated.
*I suspect this Platinum Model 10795 is really a green painted Toro mower that is masquerading as Lawn Boy.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Welcome.
You got things a bit wrong there.
The kill wire on the coil should be open circuit , so infinite resistance or as most meters show now days , OL.
When you turn the mower off the wire goes to ground which kills the spark.
So the coil is fine but you have a short to ground on that kill wire.
Usually it happens at the swich

g29andy

Forum Newbie
Threads
It's a Honda engine, the rest is Toro in green pain. Toro called their red version the Super Bagger. I have a 10696, which is the steel deck Personal Pace electric start version. It's my only 4 stroke mower, but I like the engine. Bert has your answer.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Sorry Gandy, but Lawn Boy was building that style of mower before Toro took them over. You may have seen it as what was called the Lawn Boy M-series. The Toro is the copy. Toro just switch to a Honda engine on the Lawn Boy model.