Lawn Boy oil, parts and a 6252...

Lawnz 420

Threads
Traveled a couple towns over to buy this stuff today from the original owner....all in for $100:giggle:.....................Was told he put himself thru college by cutting lawns with a total of 5 of these mowers...the other 4 were worn out and scrapped decades ago. Said this one got engine work and then was put into long term storage. He gave me everything he had left...mower and manual, the 18 cans of oil, 5 spare blades, 2 used and 2 new bags, a couple new handle brackets, a ziplock bag of spare smalls, a mag chute...and a spare handle that didn't make it into the pix. It has good compression, a dry tank and no cracks in the deck...

Last edited:

FuzzyDriver

Threads
Have you got full restoration in mind?

Lawnz 420

Threads
Most likely not a full blown restoration, but I will get it running and do some paint work/new decals over the winter...
The 6252 is now running:cool: I gapped and installed a new plug, a length of fuel line, sharpened the blade, wiped out the carb bowl, and I had to cut out a air filter for it from some foam stock, then put some fresh 16-1 in the tank...and after a couple pulls it lit off, blew some smoke, and after a minute or so it smoothed out and the smoke went away...sweet! Lifted it in next to the driver 6259,and I used it on a couple lawns today for it's first cuts in maybe 30 years. The 6252 and a dirty little brother...
(edited)_DSCN1187.JPG

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
Amazing how old mowers were built to last.

Dude had plenty of oil. Must of had a going out of business sale. Course at 16:1, that is a year supply LOL.

FuzzyDriver

Threads
Where do you get your decals, Lawnz 420? I finished a complete restoration and wouldn't mind putting decals on it.

Lawnz 420

Threads
Where do you get your decals, Lawnz 420? I finished a complete restoration and wouldn't mind putting decals on it.
I score NOS decals wherever I can find them...on the 'bay, craig's, have found 'em at flea markets, and especially by asking at any old mower shops I come across in my travels. Surprising what old time mechanics still have stashed away in their toolboxes from back when...

viperv10

Threads
Hey Fuzzy,
You can get repo decals that look real good on ebay. The seller is graveyardmowerz.
He has a website also graveyardmowerz.com
I have bought decals and NOS parts from him. I believe he is Florida.
I have been pleased with everything I have gotten from there.
Jerry

FuzzyDriver

Threads
Thanks so much, Viper.