Lawn boy model 10605 self propelled mower belts replacement

BackAtOne

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Lawn boy model 10605 self propelled mower belts replacement
My neighbor lady has this mower and while using the transmission belt broke so the self propelled stopped. I told her I would be glad to replace the belt for her and took it home. I took the covers off and lo and be hold there are 2 bels, a drive belt and transmission belt. You have to take the drive belt off to get the trans belt off which I did put it back together and now when I start it it runs fine, self propels fine and then I shut it off and I can't restart it. It feels like something is keeping mr from pulling the cord fast enough to start the engine. Can any one offer suggestion or tell me what I did wrong!

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Remove the spark plug and see if it pulls freely. If not you will have to take a look at your belts and see if something changed. When you post back include the serial number, as there are 2 variations of that model. I should have a service manual for your unit.

BackAtOne

Forum Newbie
Threads
Remove the spark plug and see if it pulls freely. If not you will have to take a look at your belts and see if something changed. When you post back include the serial number, as there are 2 variations of that model. I should have a service manual for your unit.
Thanks I'll do it

BackAtOne

Forum Newbie
Threads
The serial # is311001326. I tried starting mower while cold and can't pull the cord fast enough, something is binding. I obviously didn't put it back together correctly. Tour help is appreciated

BackAtOne

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thank you
I got the lawn boy up and running. I had the idler pully assembly wrong. You providing me with the service manual made all the difference!! Thanks again Now I need to find the size of the nut that goes on the blade bolt.